Sunday, June 6, 2010
taking you downtown to brownie town
my friend mellio likes nothing more than desserts with raspberries and chocolate. she started telling me months before her birthday that making her anything else was just not an option. also not an option--- trying to live to see 30 without baking for her birthday ;) she's a funny lady. she's a puerto rican chick who loves the film yentyl and insisted ricky martin was NOT gay, just hispanic ('danielle, you just don't know what hispanic men are like, ooohkay!') until one month ago.
melissa and i go way way back to the days of midwood high school. how could i say NO to mah gurl?
i looked over so many recipes before i decided something rich and simple would do the trick. raspberry chocolate brownies it is then!
raspberry chocolate brownies
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2cup sugar
* 2 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup butter
* 1 ½ cup ghirardelli ground chocolate
* 1 1/3 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 teaspoons of milk
* semi sweet chocolate chips
* raspberry jam
*confectioners sugar, with milk and cocoa for icing glaze.
1. oven at 350 degrees F.
2. cream butter with sugar and vanilla; add eggs. beat till well mixed.
3. mix ground chocolate with flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. stir into egg mixture; milk, and chocolate chips last, stir in raspberry jam.
5. 8 x 8 well greased pan
6. Bake 40-45 minutes
7. let cool
8. put in 'cups'
9. drizzle glaze and raspberries
10. one chocolate truffle for the birthday girls portion
enjoy. digest. enjoy again.